Mobile Application Developer
Why grow your career with Forestry Corporation of NSW:
At Forestry Corporation of NSW, our values are at the heart of everything that we do. We hope you share our values of:
- Wellbeing: Everyone home, injury free, everyday
- Respect: We care for country, community, and ourselves
- Integrity: We are honest and accountable
- Innovation: We challenge ourselves to think differently, be bold and continuously improve
What we can offer you:
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Collaborative team environment
- Competitive salary package with the opportunity to work with and learn from passionate and skilled professionals in the industry
- Exclusive company benefits
About the role:
The mobile developer is a key member of a multi-disciplinary team of specialists in GIS, applications development, systems support and data management responsible for ensuring the delivery of highly accurate and reliable spatial and non-spatial forest management information to Forestry Corporation business units.
This highly-specialised role is responsible for creating, optimising, and maintaining geospatial applications tailored for iOS devices utilising the ESRI platform and the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of iOS development, with a keen focus on integrating ESRI capabilities within the iOS ecosystem.
Other Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance geospatial mobile applications for the iOS environment using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK.
- Utilize Swift and Objective-C to build efficient, user-centric, and intuitive iOS applications.
- Integrate iOS applications with ESRI platforms, ensuring seamless user experiences and robust data integration.
- Maintain and optimize application performance, ensuring compatibility with the latest iOS versions and devices.
- Stay current with advancements in iOS development and ESRI technology, applying new methods and tools to improve our application offerings.
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders and contribute to internal training and knowledge transfer.
We would love you to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant specialist experience
- Proficiency in Swift and Swift UI for iOS development
- Extensive experience in developing, testing, and deploying applications for various iOS devices.
- Strong analytical, developer and problem-solving skills to deliver best-practice, flexible and responsive systems and services
- Proven organisational skills - ability to plan and prioritise work, meet standards and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and manage complex projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, a highly collaborative approach and strong customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to produce technical system documentation.
- Familiarity with source control practices and software
For further information about the role please contact Rob Kirwood – Spatial Systems Manager on: 0458 055 528
Applications close: 3 December 2023 11:59PM AEDST
Depending on the role the preferred candidate will be required to satisfactorily complete a Drug and Alcohol screening, and/or Medical Assessment and/or a Fire Task Based Assessment (TBA).
For roles requiring, the successful candidate(s) must be fit to perform firefighting activities, which may include working in smoky conditions and the ability to be physically active in uneven or steep terrain. Offers of employment for these roles are subject to the results of the pre-employment Medical Assessment which may preclude candidates high risk conditions
- Pay type Salary
- Employment indicator Office Based
- West Pennant Hills NSW 2125, Australia