Casual Nursery Workers
- Great opportunity to work in our Blowering Production Nursery
- Multiple Casual positions
- Located in scenic Tumut
The Softwood Plantations Division of Forestry Corporation of NSW is Australia’s largest grower of plantation pine, managing over 200,000 hectares across NSW. We supply over 3.5 million tonnes of log products annually, producing enough timber to construct a quarter of the houses built in Australia each year.
The Blowering Nursery in Tumut, is now looking for enthusiastic and dedicated workers interested in working in our production nursery on a casual basis.
The ideal candidates will enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions, be reliable, motivated and physically fit.
They will also ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in and / or willingness to learn seedling maintenance, including seed sowing, weeding, singulation, topping, grading, consolidating and dispatching of radiata pine seedlings;
- Previous experience in irrigation and chemical application in a nursery environment
- Willingness to work on weekends and public holidays
- General site and nursery maintenance duties;
- Fire-Fighting – participation may be required in fire management activities in roles for which you may be suitable;
- Current Driver’s Licence and have own reliable transport
Applications Close: 3 December 2023 @ 11:59PM AEDT
Depending on the role the preferred candidate will be required to satisfactorily complete a Drug and Alcohol screening, and/or Medical Assessment and/or a Fire Task Based Assessment (TBA).
For roles requiring, the successful candidate(s) must be fit to perform firefighting activities, which may include working in smoky conditions and the ability to be physically active in uneven or steep terrain. Offers of employment for these roles are subject to the results of the pre-employment Medical Assessment which may preclude candidates high risk conditions
- Pay type Hourly
- Employment indicator Seasonal
- Tumut NSW 2720, Australia