Senior Environment & Sustainability Advisor
Make it yours.
Experience the excitement of building a career in an evolving construction business where people and performance make amazing things happen.
This is Symal
Symal is a trusted partner in the building and construction industry.
We're an evolving and cohesive group of businesses offering fully integrated civil solutions across diverse sectors. Our group capabilities include self-performing civil infrastructure on large multi-million projects, plant and equipment hire, an Indigenous contractor, a waste resource and recovery business, and commercial, industrial and retail property development.
Together, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
You will help our high-performing project team by delivering environmental and sustainable outcomes on the delivery of a large MRPV project at Pakenham.
The objective of this role is to be a key educating resource to all Project employees on both industry best practices and legislative compliance when it comes to environmental and sustainability management to maximise commercial returns to ensure Symal’s interests are maintained.
Your every day
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Project's environmental and sustainability management plans.
- Assist in environmental incident response and investigations to ensure additional potential risks are mitigated, protect the interest of Symal and share lessons learnt
- Proactively build strong client and other stakeholder relationships that position Symal for repeat work.
- Support the Environment and Sustainability Manager to manage the relationship with the Client HSEQ team(s) whilst also providing support, assistance, and assurance.
- Support the development of Project employees and/or subcontractors and hold them accountable to meet their requirements.
Who are you?
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Science, Environmental or Natural Resource Management
- ISCA Sustainability Accreditation (desirable)
- Approximately 5+ years of relevant Construction industry experience
A career with us
Symal is an equal-opportunity employer. Our teams are made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, with aligned ways of working, enabling us to overcome any challenge, advance our careers and outperform competitors.
Staff perks and benefits offered to build an engaged and talented workforce include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of fun activities and events
- A corporate social responsibility program for the chance to support not-for-profits and social enterprises
- Bonus leave days, including your birthday off and a day of wellbeing
- Bupa corporate healthcare benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
We’re committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, inclusive, free from bias and accessible for all candidates.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Job family Infrastructure VIC
- Pay type Salary
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Pakenham VIC 3810, Australia